Nanowave's thin film manu-facturing is performed in class 1,000-100,000 clean rooms. Equipment includes:
• high volume 3- and 4-target
• e-beam eva-poration systems,
• ion-beam milling,
• precision electroplating of gold,
copper, and nickel,
• manual and cassette-to-cassette
• PECVD dielectric deposition system,
• precision wafer saws for dicing.
Substrates from 1" x 1" to 4" x 4" or 100mm diameter wafers can be handled.
Nanowave's specialized thin film technology is the Miniature Hybrid Microwave Integrated Circuits (MHMICs).
Fully integrated passive microwave circuitry includes:
• metallized vias
• overlay capacitors cycle
• thin film resistors
• spiral inductors
• multi-layer connectivity at
Offers lower cost and lower loss performance than MMIC or HMIC technologies.
Quick turnaround and lower design costs than MMICs.
Microwave Module Assembly
• Pick & place die attach
• Thermo compression/thermosonic
• Ultrasonic ball bonding and ribbon
• void-free vacuum eutectic die and
• Component soldering
• YAG laser welding, gap welding
• Hermetic sealing of packages
• Custom packages
• Kovar, CuW, Silvar, Cu-Mo carriers
• High power dissipation assemblies
• RF acceptance testing to 65 GHz
• Reliability tests
• DC and logic testing, and transient
response tests with nanosecond
• Automated equipment